This masterclass is run in partnership with Central Saint Martins as part of London Writers Week, an annual week-long celebration of new writing talent in the UK.
During the workshop, you will be introduced to Euphoric Ink’s new play development technique called ‘Open Heart Theatre’, along with the opportunity to see your short-drama read and performed by professional actors.
• Explore Euphoric Ink’s new idea of ‘Open Heart Theatre’
• A new approach to play development
• The importance of truth and trust as essential ingredients in the theatrical dynamic
• How to develop work which holds the attention of an audience
• See your work performed by actors during the course
• A practical workshop: to help develop your own piece of short form theatre, and have the opportunity to see it performed during London Writers Week
• Receive feedback and tailored advice on your work
• Participate in a Q&A and discussion
*PLEASE NOTE: Work created during this masterclass will be considered for selection to be performed on the final day of London Writers Week, if attendees wish to be involved. Only selected works will be performed.
This course is for you if:
• You’re a writer, director, actor or producer and want to learn new techniques in dramatic writing.
• Attendees should submit text for a five-minute piece of work, which will be workshopped during the day
• The five minute piece must be a scene complete within itself; for 2 actors – playing age mid 20’s – mid 30’s; featuring one woman and one man
• Please email your writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org one week before the course date. Or, if you sign up less than one week before the course, as soon as you can after you have bought your ticket.
Book your place:
You can find out more information and book your place here