Starting January 2020, London
- January 15th - March 18th 2020
- Wednesdays - 7pm - 9.30pm
- Location: The Yurt at St. Benet's Chaplaincy (Queen Mary University of London)
- £300 per person
Be part of a nurturing community of writers: sign up for the Inkubator!
- 10 weekly sessions
- 2.5 hours each session
- Learn, enjoy, grow!
Through a combination of writing exercises; discussion; play analysis; and games to promote creativity and technique, The Inkubator is a fun and insightful approach to script writing. Specifically designed to introduce and support beginners to the creative and rigorous process of writing for theatre.
The Inkubator is led by Euphoric Ink’s Creative Director, Ola Animashawun, and it covers a range of techniques and themes throughout the programme, including:
- Getting it started
- Dramatic action: how to keep the action engaging, tense and dynamic.
- Getting it finished: with a view to surprising, satisfying and genuinely moving your audience.
The outcomes - by the end of the course:
- You’ll have been introduced to a range of practical exercises and approaches which you can regularly draw upon to assist and develop your writing
- You will have gained knowledge of every aspect of the playwriting process from idea to execution
- You will have mined your idea and tested it as part of the process of laying the foundation stones for the creation of the first draft of your next play
- Become a member of a network of like-minded individuals who can remain in contact and draw upon a reservoir of skills and experiences for the advancement of your craft as a writer
- Automatic membership of The Inkubator group of alumni, which includes an associated range of benefits including discounted script-reading services and one-to-one consultation
To find out more, email us or follow Euphoric Ink on Facebook and Twitter!
To see some examples of playwriting workshops and masterclasses that Euphoric Ink has delivered in the past, check out EI's HAS IT GOT LEGS? masterclass in Leeds and Brighton, THE WRITE PLACE- LOCATION, INSPIRATION in Yorkshire, STRUCTURE THIS in London and the THE BARE BONES in Cambridge.